Tuesday 19 July 2016

The Wonders Of Smooth Tarmac.

        What a glorious day, imagine a summer like that, in this country. I suppose some people will say that is what we get, sadly it is just a one day summer. I decided that it has been a while since I went up the Loch, (Loch Lomond), so that was where I ended up. It was a beautiful run, the usual chaotic traffic, but after all these years, you get used to it. One surprise, last time up that way, some of that road was in a dreadful state, especially the part where you approach the Inverbeg Hotel. It is a cyclist's nightmare, dreadful potholes, cracked surface, broken tarmac and loose gravel. However, the powers that be have seen fit to re-surface a large section of the road on that stretch. Gone are the nightmares and the swearing, it was pure dead brilliant, smooth black tarmac, and the quiet whir of the wheels, gliding along in magnificent sunshine, with the Loch on one side, the hills beyond, and trees and shrubbery on the other side. A wondrous vista of natural beauty.
The entrance to Tarbet Hotel Loch Lomond.
Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised by the way the legs X of the table are assembled. I never saw such a simple and effective solution. (I like carpentry)

    Nice place. Glad to see you are riding again your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather hasn't been on my side, today is thunder and lightening. our weather swings from one extreme to the other.

    ReplyDelete