Monday 12 September 2016

Warm And Windy Scotland.

      It has been a good week on the bike, Wednesday, reported as the warmest day of the month so far, saw me round what is more or less my home stomping ground, the Campsie area. Warm but cloudy, still great cycling weather. 
View from Clachan of Campsie tearoom. Ooops, forgot to place the bike.

         Saturday it was up the Aberfoyle road and pulling into Ward Toll tearoom, they always do a nice plate of soup. From the windows you can look in one direction towards Aberfoyle, in the other direction you see the hills behind which nestles the town of Callander. 
View from Ward Toll tearoom, Callander sits behind the hills in the distance.

        Not so many years ago Callander was my favourite Sunday run. Going out via Lennoxtown, the Crow Road, Fintry, Kippin, Thornhill and on to Pipps Tearoom in Callander. Heading home by a different route, over the Braes of Greenock, past the Lake of Monteith, south down the Aberfoyle road past Ballott Toll, up the Blane Valley, turn at the Kirkhouse Inn and head for Lennoxtown and home to Springburn. Some of the most beautiful countryside in the land.
       Sunday it was up the Loch, (Loch Lomond). In a previous post I stated that when up the Loch I always seem to stop at Tarbet and take a photo, but promised I would perhaps stop at Inverbeg or Luss, for that wee photo. Well I did, it was Inverbeg. The photo doesn't do the view justice. It was very windy on Sunday, around 20mph. This was great on the way up the Loch, but I had to work hard on the way back. Still a magic weekend.
 Looking across the Loch from Inverbeg Hotel.
Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk
 




No comments:

Post a Comment