Thursday 22 April 2021

Anathema.

       The latest edition of Anathema, Volume 7, issue 3, is now available, to read on line or to download for free. As usual it makes for excellent reading, over a wide range of topics, all of interest to those who struggle for that better world for all. You also get a Margaret Atwood poem, Crow Song, thrown in, what more could you ask for. 

From Act For Freedom Now, Anathema:


Volume 7 Issue 3 (PDF for reading 8.5 x 11)
Volume 7 Issue 3 (PDF for printing 11 x 17)
 

In this issue:

Advances In State Repression
What Went Down
Local Repression Updates
Housing Struggle Questions
Dark Clothes Attract Heat
More Than A Three-Way Fight
Philthadelphia
To Attack Is Among My Instincts
325 Communique


“Crow Song”

In the arid sun, over the field
where the corn has rotted and then
dried up, you flock and squabble.
Not much here for you, my people,
but there would be
if
if

In my austere black uniform
I raised the banner
which decreed Hope
and which did not succeed
and which is not allowed.
Now I must confront the angel
who says Win,
who tells me to wave any banner
that you will follow

for you ignore me, my
baffled people, you have been through
too many theories
too many stray bullets
your eyes are gravel, skeptical,
in this hard field
you pay attention only
to the rhetoric of seed
fruit stomach elbow.

You have too many leaders
you have too many wars,
all of them pompous and small,
you resist only when you feel
like dressing up,
you forget the sane corpses…

I know you would like a god
to come down and feed you
and punish you. That overcoat
on sticks is not alive
there are no angels,
but the angels of hunger,
prehensile and soft as gullets
Watching you
my people, I become cynical,
you have defrauded me of hope
and left me alone with politics…

Margaret Atwood.

 

Visit ann arky's home at https://radicalglasgow.me.uk   

No comments:

Post a Comment