Sunday 4 July 2021

Roses.

         Exploitation, poverty, homelessness, famine, wars, pandemic, injustice, inequality, deprivation, racism, these are the some of the thoughts that occupy my mind most of the time. Now and again my mind turns to those other things, things that I love, poetry, comradeship, and of course roses. I have grown roses for years, I simply love to see a rose bush in full flower and growing and tending them fills me with tremendous pleasure.
       Last year due to the early warm spring we had a wonderful long lasting season of beautiful roses. This year due to the prolonged early morning frost right up to the middle/end of May, the roses seemed to be much slower and a bit behind. However, nature being what it is, they are now in full swing with some magnificent blooms. To try and share my pleasure I have captured some of the blooms just after a shower of heavy rain, though the transfer from camera to blog doesn't do the photos justice. The pure white one is a standard T rose called Iceberg, the bloom is particularly long lasting and at the moment, the bush is covered in beautiful white blooms, all enhanced by the raindrops. All of them things of beauty that can for a while, keep at bay, those other afore mentioned thoughts of the avoidable horrors that plague our wider world.










Visit ann arky's home at:

http://strugglepedia.co.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page

No comments:

Post a Comment