Thursday 15 September 2022

Memories.

 

          Away back in 1986 I was part of the small  Amnesty International group that planted a wee tree in the grounds of Glasgow's Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum to mark 25 years of Amnesty's work.. Forgot all about but recently thought I would try to re-visit it, but wasn't sure exactly where it was planted. So today with my partner we sought out the tree and it was, no longer a slim sprig of a tree but a beautiful powerful knuckled tree with its magnificent roots plunging into the earth. Of course when we planted it, I didn't need the extended aluminum arm, it seems age has acted on both of us, but the tree seems to be going from strength to strength. I only hope the fight for freedom and justice grows stronger like our wee tree.


Visit ann arky's home at https://spiritofrevolt.info  

No comments:

Post a Comment