Thursday 6 October 2022

Victory.

 

          I often loose my self in poetry, that wonderful world of expression, somewhere between singing and conversation. A place to let your thoughts run wild, say what your heart feels. Today October the 6th is National Poetry Day, the theme is the environment, so I thought I would say my tuppence worth.

Victory.

Nature recoiled from the savage beast
A beast so fierce on its warhorse of progress
Sweeping aside all that was natural and beautiful
This blind beast conquered meadow and stream
Banished the fish from the seas
Left a trail of barren concrete and tarmac
Filled the air with odious gases
Eventually the beast conquered the Earth
Now master of a dead planet
A world that nature, maimed and bleeding
finally abandoned, to allow the beast to slowly die.
 
 
Visit ann arky's home at https://spiritofrevolt.info   

No comments:

Post a Comment