Friday 22 September 2017

It Doesn't Always Go To Plan.

        Thursday was a pleasant day, a wee break from the usual wind and rain we have been getting. So good opportunity to get out on the bike, over the last month or so, I have been out once and on occasions twice a week as weather permits for a fair weather cyclist. Usually it was round the Campsie area, on a recent visit to Bishopbriggs I noticed a cycle path that went through a kids play area and on through some trees. With my twisted logic I assumed that it would continue meandering down towards the Forth and Clyde canal. So that was my plan, set off from Bishopbriggs along the cycle path on to the canal to Kirkintilloch, and then decide which road to take from there. Nice and easy through the kids park, into the tree area, then faced with a rather steep incline of a footpath/cycle-track. That's where I bumped into these three guys, they looked quite surprised to see me.
       At the top of the incline, disappointment, the cycle path didn't continue, it was onto a road, I was now in a housing estate. making my way through an area I didn't know, finally arrived at the main Bishopbriggs, Kirkintiloch road, a road I always try to avoid. The traffic was horrendous and every couple of hundred yards or so, a set of traffic lights. Before Kirkintilloch, I decided that I had had enough, and headed back to a cafĂ© in Bishopbriggs and home. A rather short and not my most enjoyable outing, that will teach me not to assume anything, but check things out first.
Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

3 comments:

  1. Antermoney Rd seems to be a beautiful road. Many farms, that's good, but too many golf courses in that area, dont you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not that there are too many golf courses, it more that because of the cost of good gear it tends to be a bit out of the reach of the poorer section of our community. I'm all for lots of Green but not of the Trump golf course type. Though a lot of the golf courses in Scotland are public courses owned by the council.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

      Delete