Wednesday 8 April 2020

Musical Pleasure.

      And now for something completely different. I have always enjoyed music, but classical music was my main love, especially the piano. The very first classical recital I attended was when I was a teenager and was by the Polish pianist Witold Małcużyński, it was a Chopin recital. It was in Glasgow's St. Andrew's Halls, yes I'm that old, and I didn't follow the herd, for me it was a very emotional event.
    With time on my hands because of this confined to barracks period, I was prowling through some videos on the internet and came across this one of Evengy Kissin, my favourite pianist, and thought it was worth sharing. It is worth noting that this is not the performance, but the remarkable number of encores after the performance. Apart from the brilliant performance, the emotional content, and the magical dexterity of his hands, the effort is shown in the sweat dripping from his face and the sweat mark on the back of his jacket slowing moving down the jacket to below his waist line. 
 
    I feel quite privileged to have heard him live many years ago in the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, I can't remember the date, but I'm sure you could find it by looking through their back catalogue.
Enjoy:



Visit ann arky's home at https://radicalglasgow.me.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment