Thursday 9 February 2012

RIPPING UP THE CONTRACT.


           We seem to be in an era of those, who believe they are strong, ripping up contracts, no negotiation, just a take it or leave it attitude. We all entered a contract when we started work and paid national insurance and taxes. In our case that was to guarantee that we would have health care free at the point of need, social benefits when unable to work, for what ever reason, a decent pension when age told us it was time to quit working. Now "our" government is ripping up that contract, our health service is being privatised, our social benefits are being slashed, more so for the disabled, and our pensions are crap. It is not just the public sector contracts that are being ripped up, the private sector is  taking its lead from "our" government. Large firms like Balfour Beattie have torn up the contract it has with the electricians that it employs. Handed them a new un-negotiated contract with a sign it or get off the site demand. The new contract of course does not improve the conditions of the electricians, in some case it leads to a 30% wage cut. What do you do when you enter into a contract with some and they then without negotiations, decide to change the terms? I believe you have the right to break your contract with them and defend what is yours.

        On the same theme, more forcibly put from a post by Ten Bears on Polizeros.
When you break the Social Contract
Forty-three years ago I got a Social Security Card and went to work on a cattle ranch a hundred miles the other side of Burns (Oregon). When I first cashed that first paycheck, I entered into a social contract with The United States Government – specifically that if I pay into the system for the next forty-five or fifty years, then after forty-five or fifty years of paying into the system the system will pay me back. I faithfully met my part of the contract, I faithfully paid into the system.
Now the government wants to take away what I’ve paid for the past forty-three years, just seven years short of honoring its end of the social contract… to steal it from me and give to the bankers, the trustfunders, and the drug/media/oil/military/industrial complex. Violate the social contract we entered into forty-three years ago. Rip me off, and give it away.
Be forewarned, take from me what I have in good faith paid into the system, and I will no longer consider myself a part of this country, nor bound to its laws, its standards or its mores. Rip me off, and I will collectively rip you a new asshole.
Who better to fight the revolution, than a dishonored Vietnam Veteran?


 ann arky's home.

1 comment:

  1. i hear you

    and see what you see


    how can we hurt anyone

    without hurting ourselves

    and all those other selves


    all this is serious to me to

    ReplyDelete