Tuesday 19 November 2013

Workers Know Your History, Joe Hill.



      An anniversary worth remembering, a fighter for his class, November 19, 1915, Joe Hill was murdered by firing squad by the state. He was charged with murder but subsequent evidence proved he was innocent. Joe Hill was an organiser for the IWW and spent his short adult life fighting for justice for the ordinary people.

My will is easy to decide,
For there is nothing to divide.
My kin don't need to fuss and moan,
"Moss does not cling to a rolling stone."

My body? Oh, if I could choose
I would to ashes it reduce,
And let the merry breezes blow,
My dust to where some flowers grow.

Perhaps some fading flower then
Would come to life and bloom again.
This is my Last and final Will.
Good Luck to All of you,
Joe Hill




Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment