Monday 22 December 2014

The Poor Man's University.


      When I was a boy, my father used to say that books were the poor man's university. Though much, much, much, older now, I don't read as I used to, or as I should, but I still have a love of books to this day.
      Saw this on Not Buying Anything site and thought it worth sharing:
 
“When I got my library card, that was when my life began.”
― Rita Mae Brown

"I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture and our concern for the future can all be tested by how well we support our libraries."
― Carl Sagan

"Libraries really are wonderful. They're better than bookshops, even. I mean bookshops make a profit on selling you books, but libraries just sit there lending you books quietly out of the goodness of their hearts."
― Jo Walton
Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment