This from A World To Win:
This People’s Inquiry offers a chance to share ideas and information about the related crises facing humanity. It is open to individuals, campaign groups, trade unions, academics and students. Working together, we can deepen our knowledge and work on solutions.
Climate change has passed a tipping point and extreme weather is just one of the results. The global economic and financial system has entered a renewed, deeper crisis. Anger at the way political systems are corrupted by corporations and lobbyists is at boiling point.
There is worldwide opposition and resistance, but as yet no shared strategy for getting beyond capitalism. Reaching the point where we achieve such a strategy is the main purpose of the inquiry.
We have suggested six areas for the inquiry together with some questions that will help focus our work:
- The ecosystem, including climate change and species loss
- Global economy and finance, where the 1% rule over the 99%
- The state, democracy and social rights (like health and housing)
- Ideology and philosophy – dialectics of liberation
- Culture, education and sport – how they can help set us free
A World to Win is proposing a three-stage process:
- Gathering evidence through papers, web references and contributions from individuals and groups. People can bear witness about their own situation or campaign, through text or by sending video or audio files.
- Face-to-face meetings in different locations, and on-line meetings, to assess and discuss the evidence, draw conclusions and make proposals.
- A working group, which contributors will be invited to join, will discuss the results and collaborate on the contents of a draft final report that maps out a way forward.
The inquiry is hosted on A World to Win’s network platform. Please register to post material, make comments and get the inquiry under way!www.radicalglasgow.me.uk