Saturday 30 May 2015

I Am The Crowd.

       Deep in every heart lies the desire to be free, it can lie dormant for generations, but it is still there, and one day it will burst forth and its light will chase the darkness of repression and exploitation from the face of the Earth.



Gazi to Gezi – a stone’s throw away (2015)
Produced by Ross Domoney and Ozan Kamiloglu
Script written by Ozan Kamiloglu with the inspiration of Arkadas Özger
Filmed, edited and directed by Ross Domoney
Performancy by Sarah Karakus
Music by Giorgos Triantafillou
Live music performance by Iskender Ozan Toprak



I Am The Crowd

I am the crowd
I swim in the quagmire of poverty
its hooks, its barbs, tear my fleah
rupture my dreams,
I hold my breath for centuries
hoping to break through, gasp pure air.
Through the murky mire
I see bright things, shiny things, sparkle
I see women in fine dresses, men in silk shirts
I ask myself,
why do I swim in this cesspool?

I want the light and warmth of rectitude
to caress my labouring body,
seeds of my dreams to bloom
like wild flowers in a meadow.
One day I will use my boundless strength
to haul this torn, battered being
out of the morass
onto the warm grassy bank,
when I do;
woe betide you, women in fine dresses
woe betide you mister in your fine silk shirt
should you ever try to get in my way,
for I am the strength of the world
I am the crowd.

Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment