Monday 29 April 2013

Youthful Traveller.


       April 29th., one more day to go, after today, of "poem a day" month of April. I hope you have had as much pleasure reading them as I have had posting them. It forced me to go back over pages I hadn't looked at for years, it kindle sparks that I thought had been extinguished.

Youthful Traveller.

Now,
firm in winter's bosom clasped
gazing back along a path
a path I never can retrace
wondering, when summer's blaze
cooled to autumn's seductive charm,
when autumn ran to winter's chill?
I saw no signpost mark the borders
no checkpoint with the list
bidding me declare.
So the sea of life I duely sailed
a smuggler to the last,
contraband I carry in my heart,
the joy of spring
mid winter's icy blast.

ann arky's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment